Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Week Later

Doris and I have been home for a week... Our bodies are having a difficult time adjusting to a new time zone... However, I'm pretty productive in the middle of the night... What is difficult for me is my heart is now in two places... Doris and I are Americans... We love our country and its many benefits... We love being with our families and friends... Friday we drove to the Lake of the Ozarks to visit Doris' mother and had an enjoyable afternoon catching up and sharing the many photos we took in Russia... We will be driving to Lawrence, Kansas, for Thanksgiving with my mother and Aunt Polly... Life in the US is pleasant... Water always comes from the tap... The garage opener opens my garage door as I come around the corner... Many in Russia don't have garages...

Doris and I love the people in Russia... They remind me of the men and women who homesteaded Kansas... Pioneer people who through hardship prevailed and built a home and a state... The Russian people have suffered through much, most of the suffering brought about by their own government... They have not given up, there is still a spark of life and it is that spark that Doris and I want to blow on until it is a flame and then a fire...

We think of our clients who a thirsty for help... Most of all they want someone to offer them hope in the midst of doubtfulness... I'll encourage Doris to add a few more thoughts before we put a cap on this trip...

No comments: