Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Monday, Nov 10

We enjoyed worship service at Love of Christ Church in Asbest. Kostya Lyubimov led the worship; it was as dynamic as Kostya's personality. I spoke with the mom of a young woman that some of us CFC'ers had prayed for some years ago; Larisa eventually succumbed to brain cancer, but it's still a beautiful story.

Monday, Nov 10

Well the Jayhawks lost, the Chiefs lost, and it is cold and snowy here in Asbest…Today Doris and I have a meeting with Zhenya and the top management group to discuss performance management systems… This included a BARS performance evaluation format and a goal setting form that asked for goals and a documentation of results… Zhenya wants to place more emphasis on achieving results in the future… On Thursday we start home… I think we are all ready to be back in Columbia with all the conveniences that our homes have…

We also visited the plastic recycling project… The machines were down for maintenance but we had an opportunity to talk with the director and some of the employees… They need help up-grading their equipment and some contracts for obtaining and selling plastic…

Where we are staying has wool blankets and for the past week I have continued to wake up itching… Last night I didn’t use the wool blanket and did just fine…

So much for Monday…

No comments: