Bruce and Mindy arrived last night around 7p. Prior to that Bob and I visited my with old friends. After dealing with beaurocratic issues that drug out five hours, Bob was especially pleased to find that Nadia had fixed us borsch and homemade chebureki. Chebureki can not be described, only enjoyed, but they involve meat, spices and a very thin pastry shell. We had a very nice time with Nadia, Zina and Lilya, remembering old home group meetings and catching up with one another. Nadia and I had originally started that home group together. Although all those in the home group are in different churches and even cities, Nadia has been the mama\friend glue holding them together and encouraging them through some ugly decisions. It seemed to me the perfect picture of the church in action.
Bob and I are very grateful for our warm reception in Ekaterinburg this time. This is the easiest trip we've had. We're also pleased with the changes we've seen in Transformation Church. I suppose that, if you just keep putting your feet one after another long enough by faith, even when the road ahead isn't clear, you'll eventually see on the other side that God had a marvelous plan for the seeming chaos you were walking through. The church has a very sweet spirit about it.
I'm going to let Bob write now!
Doris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment